LOCAL EXHIBITION OPPORTUNITIES
Benfield Gallery, Call For Entries, Sept. 17 - October 15
Fall Juried Exhibition
September 17 – October 15, 2011
Benfield Gallery of Severna Park, Maryland, invites artists (18 years and older) to enter its Fall Juried Exhibition. Any two and/or three dimensional work (this includes fine crafts) following the guidelines below will be considered by the juror.
Works selected will be on display at Benfield Gallery, 485 Jumpers Hole Road,
Severna Park, Maryland, from September 17 through October 15, 2011.
Award winning artist Kelly Richard will judge the first Fall Juried Exhibition. Kelly has over 35 years of experience in the fine art, fine crafts and graphic arts. Classically trained as a fine artist, she has had numerous solo shows and participated in a wide range of invitational exhibits up and down the Eastern seaboard featuring her sculpture as well as her scratchboard and colored pencil drawings. For the last sixteen years, she owned and operated the League of Maryland Craftsmen in Annapolis and Savage Mill, Maryland, and the American Craftworks Collection in Annapolis, Maryland. Over the years she has served on the board of several fine arts organizations. Recognized as a fine artist as well as an expert in fine crafts, she has juried numerous exhibitions, most recently she served as a juror for the prestigious Niche Awards.
Selection: Selections for the exhibition are made by the juror from emailed JPEG images.
Size Limitations: Without exceptions, two dimensional works may not exceed 36”x 48” and 60 lbs. Three dimensional works may not exceed 36”x 36” x 36” and weigh no more than 60 lbs.
Entries: A maximum of 3 original works may be entered. All art work must be for sale.
Entry Fee: $25 non-refundable fee for up to three entries. Checks should be made payable to Benfield Gallery.
1.Print and fill out entry form, include entry fee and return via US mail.
2.Send one JPEG image per piece entered to firstname.lastname@example.org. JPEG images must be 300 dpi and measure 5” x 7”.
3.JPEG file names must be labeled with the entry number, artist’s last name, first name, title, dimensions, medium. (e.g. Entry 1_Doe John_Flags_10 x 15_oil.jpg). The entry form must correspond with the JPEG images.
Artist’s notification will be sent by email with delivery instructions for exhibiting artists. Artwork must be hand delivered to Benfield Gallery. The Gallery will not accept shipped work.
- Images of accepted works will at the sole discretion of Benfield Gallery for promotional purposes including but not limited to the invitation or subsequent year’s prospectus. Image will be attributed to artist whenever possible.
- Framed artwork must be of good quality and ready for hanging. No clip frames or taped edges accepted. Work must be presented in a manner appropriate to the artwork and should be wired for hanging.
- Work cannot be withdrawn before the end of the exhibit.
- The Gallery will be entitled to 40 percent and the artist 60 percent of the proceeds from the sale of artwork. The gallery will pay the artist no later than the 15th of the month following the sale. If artwork is put on layaway, the artist will be paid after the following final payment is made. (Layaway terms of 4 or 12 months are offered to customers.)
- The artist shall at all times retain the title of all artwork. The retail selling price of the artwork shall be determined by the artist. Insurance of artwork is the responsibility of the artist. The artist will hold the Gallery harmless in the event of loss or damage.
September 8 Deadline for Entries
September 10 Notifications Emailed
September 13 and 14
Works Delivered to Benfield Gallery. Gallery hours 10 – 5 pm.
September 17 First Day of Exhibition
September 24 Exhibit Reception
October 15 Last Day of Exhibition
October 17 – 19
Pick up of unsold artworks.