Applying for Signature Membership
SIGNATURE MEMBER - Annual Dues $35
In addition to the benefits of Artist membership, Signature members may:
• Have two images displayed on a Gallery Page on the MPS website;
• Be a "Featured Artist" in the MPS quarterly news update; and
• Serve on the MPS Executive Board.
There are two paths to Signature Membership:
1. Automatic: Artist members of the MPS in good standing are eligible for Signature membership after being accepted into three MPS juried exhibitions, calculated retroactively to the MPS's 2011 Shades of Pastel show. Eligibility is granted after being accepted into three separate shows; it is not based on the number of paintings juried into any single show. You will be sent an application to accept the position.
2. Self nomination: MPS members in good standing may submit work to be juried. (Read on about becoming an Artist member.) The MPS Jury Committee reviews applications four times a year and provides recommendations to the MPS Executive Board for consideration. Application deadlines and board meeting dates are listed on our website Calendar. The membership coordinator forwards the results to you after the board renders its decision at their quarterly meeting. If accepted, you will confirm your Signature status by paying $10.00, the difference in membership dues from an Artist member. If you have any questions, please Contact the Membership Coordinator.
Do you want to apply for Signature membership?
Requirements for artwork: By submitting your application for Signature membership , you attest that the artwork you submit meets all four of the following:• Have been executed primarily (51% or more) in soft pastel;
• Be of your own original concept and execution, not derived from any published or created images to which you do not hold the copyright;
• Have not been executed in whole or in part in an instructor-led classroom or workshop setting; and
• Have been completed within the past two years.
TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY:
A. Prepare to send by email:
B. Send your application by email. For security reasons the direct address is not posted on the Web.
Click here to start your application process. Let us know you want to apply for Signature membership and we will send you the email of the Signature membership chair.