Saturday, May 17, 2008
Howard County Plein Air Paint Out Saturday
Forest, Rocks, Falling Water!!
Come out and enjoy painting the natural beauty of Patapsco Valley. You don't have to live in Howard Co. to join in on the paint out. Everyone is welcome. This is an opportunity to explore and paint a variety of scenery in the state of Maryland.
Meet at the Orange/Avalon area. Directions:
Patapsco Valley State Park, Avalon/Orange Area
• From Columbia / Route 29, take Route 100 EAST
• Take Exit 6 off Rt 100 to go NORTH on Route 1
• Follow Rt. 1 North till it goes under US 895 and crosses the Patapsco River
• Then turn RIGHT onto South Street (there's a big facility on the south corner with a sign that says "Vehicles for Change")
• Make an immediate LEFT into the Park
• Stop at the Honor System box, take an envelope, put $2 in, detach the parking permit from the top, put envelope in box, put parking permit on your rear-view mirror
• Continue about 1 mile to a stop sign at Gunn Road; go RIGHT and then RIGHT again into the Avalon Visitors' Center parking lot
For more information about this paint out contact your Howard Co. Plein Air Coordinator, Deborah Maklowski at, email@example.com
Do you know of a great spot for painting on location? Would you like some company while you paint? If you would like to host a paint out please contact me, firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll post the event. Out artists don't require much. Just a place to park, restrooms, directions to the location and a beautiful spot to paint.