Friday, October 16, 2020
Send in your photos for critique
Archive David Lawton
Send in YOUR REFERENCE PHOTOS by
Wednesday, OCTOBER 13
For the General Membership Meeting
Saturday, OCTOBER 16, 2021
Live on Zoom - 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
HOW YOU SEE IT
IT’S NOT THE DETAILS
How do you determine what photos will make a good painting? David will point out ideas on what to consider about photos before using them as reference for a painting. Or, explain why they may be better left as a photo. Also, how combining more than one image can make an even better painting.
Finally, David will show that it is not the detail that makes the painting. It is the combination of an underlying abstract structure that makes observers take notice from a distance. And that the so-called "detail" keeps viewers engaged once they are closer.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Start sending images as soon as you get this email:
NOW UNTIL WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
You can send up to three photos you are thinking about using (or used) as reference for your paintings.
- Images must be received by midnight Wednesday, October 13.
- Images should be in a jpeg/jpg format and no larger than 3MB in size.
- Use "MPS OCT Meeting" as the subject line of your email.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the email address for David Lawton. You should receive an email from David showing he has received your images. If you have not received a reply by Thursday afternoon, please contact Kathleen Risk at email@example.com
- If you need help to send images or have questions, email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All images submitted may not be reviewed due to time limitations. Indicate an order of preference with or in the title of your image.