As you may know, our newsletter editor, Lynn Goldstein has announced that she will no longer be able to edit the Shades of Pastel Newsletter. This has caused the board to rethink the usefulness of the newsletter, given our wonderful new web site. We also know that the large PDF files containing many images were difficult for some members to open.
With all of this in mind, the board has made the following decision:
- For those without email (currently 10 members), we will produce a MPS Quarterly News Update. This will include the announcement of the upcoming meeting and all other events of note, such as exhibits and workshops; but no pictures will be included. It will also include the Member News. This will be mailed to our members without email.
- The above information plus the Presidents letter, Featured Artist report, and reports for past events with photos will all be incorporated into various parts of the website. We will do this on a quarterly basis, roughly one month prior to the members meeting. There will be no downloading necessary, with the exception of special PDF forms for shows, etc. For most of this information, it will just be a matter of calling up the website and browsing through the new information given under "Newsletter."
I am very pleased to announce that we have two volunteers to handle the Featured Artist and Member News:
Jo Ellen Murphy will be handling the Featured Artist writeups. If you are a full member (i.e., juried), and have not been a featured artist in the past and would like to add your name to the list, contact her at: email@example.com (202-363-2040).
Tressa Hommel will be the coordinator of the Members News section. You can contact her at: firstname.lastname@example.org (443-694-9314).
Deb Maklowski and I will be coordinating the upcoming and past events sections for the time being.
Thank you all for your patience as we go through this period of change. So many new methods of communication have developed and it can take a while to sort everything out! Hopefully, this will meet our needs for some time to come.
- Margaret Dyer, Figure In Pastels Workshop
- Several reminders
- Slayton House Show
- CALL FOR ENTRIES - MPS MEMBER'S ONLY JURIED EXHIBITION
- 2008 Bylaw Revision
- Email correction
- Newsletter Changes
- Summer Newsletter and Members Meeting
- Howard County - Paint Out, Saturday, June 14
- Maryland Pastel Society, Paint Out in Howard Co., Saturday, May 31
- Howard County Paint Out Rescheduled for Sat. 5/17, 9 AM
- MPS Paint Out